Ahwatukee Residents Go All Out for Halloween Holiday
Halloween is nearly here and some Ahwatukee residents have transformed their properties into a spooky treat for the whole community to enjoy.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, among the local Halloween aficionados is Steve Powers who is best known for his “Nightmare Before Christmas” yard display at 2537 E. Amberwood Drive. Powers begins putting the show together in late September and from 7-9 p.m. every Friday and Saturday night in October people line the streets to see the show, the newspaper reported.
“When your teenager says you better do it, we do it,” Powers said to the paper. “I just like doing it all for the kids and the community.”
Other community displays include ones specifically for young kids, haunted houses and more.
Read the full story to get the scoop on other fun and creepy shows and displays throughout Ahwatukee.
- Preschoolers Create Teddy Bears for Pediatric Patients
- Ahwatukee Students Gives Winning Presentation at Innovation Summit
- Four Candidates Vie for Kyrene Elementary District Board
- Ahwautkee Native Joins Legendary Rockettes
- Ahwatukee Resident Works to Grow Heart Arteries in Lab
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.