Ahwatukee Man Commits to Second Strenuous Hike for Cystic Fibrosis
Ahwatukee resident Robert Bolliger is preparing for his second hike that will raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, at the end of last year Bolliger completed a 17.9-mile hike down the Grand Canyon to raise money for the foundation and less than a year later he’s committed to a 23.2-mile hike on the Tahoe Rim trail. While after last year’s hike Bolliger said he’d never do something like that again, he ended up raising $10,000 for the foundation–which helped him change his mind.
Bolliger has been involved with the foundation for more than 20 years after his daughter was diagnosed with the condition at age 2. CF is a genetic disease that primarily affects the lungs and digestive system.
The hike is set for Sept. 19. Read the full story here.
- Ahwatukee Girl Scout Collecting Donations for At-Risk Women, Girls
- Desert Vista Golfer Commits to ASU Early
- Ahwatukee Restaurant Review: Original Burrito Company
- Local Author Publishes Book Set in Ahwatukee
- AZCentral Releases ‘Ultimate’ Bucket List for Ahwatukee
- Shea Homes to Take on Condo Project in Ahwatukee
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.