Ahwatukee Learning Center Raises $1K for Feed My Starving Children
Seventeen kindergarteners at Magical Journey Learning Center in Ahwatukee have been saving and gathering all their pennies for the past two months with the goal of making a donation to Feed My Starving Children.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, the kids were able to raise more than $1,000 for the nonprofit.
“It’s very important for us here at Magical Journey to teach the kids to have empathy and care about people besides themselves,” Michelle Willis, the teacher of the class that raised the funds, told the newspaper. “It’s a big part of our school. We felt like this was a good opportunity for them to participate and actually save lives. They knew they wouldn’t get to meet this child, but they knew it was important.”
After compiling their donations, all the kids went to the Feed My Starving Warehouse to volunteer time packing and weighing boxes that will be given to children in need.
- Desert Vista Violinist Wins Dorothy Vanek Youth Concerto Championship
- Ahwatukee Resident Named All-Arizona Academic
- Ahwatukee Preschool Celebrates 35 Years in the Community
- AZCentral Releases ‘Ultimate’ Bucket List for Ahwatukee
- Ladies Football Game Raises Money for Relay for Life
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.