Ahwatukee Businesses Come Together to Help Child With Blood Condition
About a dozen Ahwatukee businesses have come together to hold a blood drive for a local 2-year-old girl.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, a blood drive will be held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on April 21 at Desert Foothills United Methodist Church, 2156 E. Liberty Lane, Ahwatukee.
The drive will support Adelyn Troutman, an Ahwatukee toddler who suffers from a rare genetic disorder called Diamond-Blackfan anemia, which prohibits her body from making red blood cells. Little Adelyn relies on blood transfusions to survive, the report said.
Businesses that have reportedly rallied to Addy’s cause include: Early Baker, Fresko, Zzeeks, Smallcakes, Chick-fil-A, Baskin Robbins, Dunkin’ Donuts, Chipotle, Mod Pizza, Firehouse Subs, Habit Burger, Snooze, Modern Market, Uncle Bears Brewery, Rubio’s, Jamba Juice, Andy’s Custard and Dairy Queen.
- City of Ahwatukee Ready to Open 16 New Pickleball Courts at Pecos Park
- Ahwatukee-Based Hope Group Celebrates 20 Years Helping Kids With Autism
- Ahwatukee Family Launches Community-Based Website
- Three Ahwatukee Boy Scouts Earn Eagle Rank Together
- Ahwatukee Woman to Run For Kyrene Justice of the Peace
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.