Ahwatukee Boy Working to Help Kids Who Are Less Fortunate
An 8-year-old Ahwatukee boy has launched a campaign to help children who are less fortunate than him go to the one place he wants to go most.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, Xavier Kennedy, a second grader at Cerritos Elementary Leadership Academy, last week launched his campaign on Facebook to raise enough money to send a less fortunate child to Harry Potter World—a place he desperately wants to go himself.
“It makes me really sad to think about kids who love Harry Potter as much as me but could never afford to go there,” he reportedly wrote on the Facebook page.
His plan is to raise $900 for the trip, which includes tickets to the park, food, hotel, gas and a souvenir, the article said.
He reportedly said his idea came to him when he first proposed raising money so he and his 4-year-old sister could go to Harry Potter World.
- Ahwatukee Woman Named a 2017 Rodel Exemplary Principal
- Ahwatukee Has First Million-Dollar Home Sale of the Year
- Kyrene Schools Working to Reshape Learning for Elementary, Middle Schoolers
- Desert Vista Lacrosse Team Raises Money for Charitable Causes
- City Leaders Look to Protect Ahwatukee’s Golf Courses, Open Spaces
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.