10-Year-Old Ahwatukee Boy is a Budding Classical Pianist
A 10-year-old Ahwatukee boy is proving to be quite the budding pianist.
According to the Ahwatukee Foothills News, fourth-grader Lawrence Wen recently won the Arizona Young Artist Piano Competition. He also won a similar contest sponsored by the East Valley Music Teachers Association.
Wen practices 12 hours of week, but still finds the time to play soccer and tennis, swim, play video games and hang out with his friends, the article said.
Currently, he’s getting ready to perform for the general public at 4 p.m. Jan. 21 at the Arizona Piano Company, 4134 E. Wood St., Phoenix. The event is the MusicaNova Orchestra’s “Beautiful Strings II” celebration of harp and piano.
Tickets for the Jan. 21 recital are $15 for general admission and $10 for seniors and students, and are available online at the musicanovaaz.com.
- Ahwatukee Elementary Schoolers Participate in ‘Day of Code’
- Ahwatukee Woman’s Project is Part Art Book, Part Cookbook
- Ahwatukee Woman Helping Empower Teens as Part of Foundation Work
- Ahwatukee Book Club to Set Up a Little Free Library at Local Cafe
- Desert Vista Grad Becoming Successful Calligraphy Artist
This local update courtesy of your Ahwatukee Community Expert.